Music and Healing

My husband was a musician.  I am so beyond thankful that I have videos of him playing/singing as well as all of his songs.  But, I typically can’t listen to them. It’s been too painful.

Going to pour a glass of wine and give it a try. The point isn’t to make myself sad. The point is to begin to make myself face the things that I find too difficult or painful. I believe there will be a little bit more healing each time I’m able to do this.

The first one is a song he wrote for me when we were in the middle of really hard times.  The second one needs no description. Who would have known that the words would become so real. Listen if you want and if not it’s okay.  Just felt like sharing.

1. Nice voice. You are lucky to have these memories even thought they are painful.

2. Himanshi says:

The pain that doesn’t kill you, always makes you stronger. Cherish these memories for ever, even though it’s painful. You’ll definitely find some relief in them.

3. tshawwriter says:

Thank you for sharing something so personal. 💜 I very much enjoyed listening to his music.

4. notdonner says:

Wow. These are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your memories. Have that glass of wine, but know that there are many who will be touched by his music.

Beautiful memories ❤️

6. These are beautiful songs, propelled by a powerful voice. Thank you for sharing, and for having courage. 💙

7. crucialnotes says:

Liked memories 💞 , moreover stay stronge✌️

8. SoundFlyer says:

simply beautiful music and emotions expressed… the harmony is an endless impetus and there to encourage and carry you forward… as is the diminishing pain, blessings _/||\_

9. Nice voice and excellent music … once a great song now sets in a melancholy mood live by his legacy he would be happy !

I actually cried when I listened to those songs. It’s been a privilege to be a part of your journey and get to know such a great man. The songs were amazing! Thank you for sharing something so personal. Praying. 🙂

11. Collins says:

Wow, it’s really great. Thanks for sharing.

12. julielelder says:

All I can think to say is that, WOW, no wonder it’s so hard to let go! You two had a rare and wonderful relationship. ❤️

13. shwetaspree says:

Wow! Beautiful. I can listen to those songs again and again. Thanks for sharing. I hope your grief becomes your biggest strength. Love and prayers for you. ❤

14. Listen and
    Fondly
    Remember

Touch the Past and
    Live
    Today

15. txjessy says:

OMG, so talented with guitar and wonderful voice. These recordings will keep him alive and something for you and your children to remember him by and treasure!

16. imjustneen says:

WOW hes so talented & i was so touched by this post!

17. khushijhon says:

Thanks for sharing.
    I pray you re comforted and I know God will comfort you .

18. What an amazing voice , thank you for sharing , i know it must be painful but comforting to listen to them , hold on to the beautiful memories of him he will get you through..hugs💕

19. Harbans says:

Just wonderful sharing.

20. Kelly MacKay says:

I am so sorry for you lose. Live in his honour and live.

21. I would not want to brief the grief you have been into.
    We all can and shall be a minute part of it Yule. I feel it shall solace you no matter how small.
    But the lines you share
    ” I believe there will be a little bit more healing each time I’m able to do this. ”
    are soothing not only to you but even the readers.
    The audio songs are marvellous, though I do not know much of western music. I can say he was a wonderful musician.
    Sharing in your Grief
    🎵🌷💞
    Shiva

22. Sorry for mentioning your name as Yule, Joni!
    Thanks

23. I love these songs..I can sure here the love and the presence he still holds for you..hugs sweetie!

24. Amazing.. such memories always give reason to stay more strong and keep loving and smiling .. keep going on and on and stay blessed.. 😇😇😊😊

25. My heart goes out to you Joni, I’m so sorry for your loss. As for the songs – Oh my God that man had talent!! They are really, truly wonderful x

26. inhiscare753 says:

Your post have captured my heart & truly blessed me.
    I am having a Selah moment right now….
    Music is healing for the soul.
    Thank you for sharing and being so transparent.