National Widow’s Day

Yes, it’s a thing.

Today is National Widow’s Day

#widowedstrong

#saytheirname

JONATHAN ROBERTS

Did you know… 800,000 people are widowed each year?

Did you know… 700,000 of those are women?

Did you know… most widows live in poverty? (Over 115 million world wide)

Did you know… “death of a spouse” is listed as the #1 stressor on the stress index scale and is considered one of life’s most devastating events?

Did you know… 60% of those who lose a spouse or significant other will experience a serious illness within 12 months?

Did you know… insomnia is one of the most common symptoms for a grieving spouse?

Did you know… most widow(er)s lose 75% of their support base when their spouse dies?

Did you know… after 3 – 4 months most of the remaining support fades for a widow(er)?

Did you know… most widow(er)s lose touch with their in-laws within a year of a loss?

Did you know… it really is possible to die of a broken heart? Widow(er)s have a 30% elevated risk of death in the first 6 months after their spouse death.

Thank you GOD I beat almost every stat listed. I did lose some relationships but I gained some stronger ones as well…

Be nice to a widow today, you DON’T know what they deal with privately .

Writing Credit – Kisha Taylor from SUPPORT GROUP – Young, Widowed & Dating – Not a Dating Site

1. Qui Talks says:

Wow….I didn’t know that was a thing. Thank you for info. Great stuff!💞

2. I loved this writing…. 💟touching.

3. I m sorry for your loss. I didn’t knew that. Thank God that you survived it.

4. rogerholmack says:

I didn’t know these facts, but I did know that death of a spouse is very traumatic as it with child loss. I’ve seen it a number of times.

5. I have been widowed for seven years. No serious illnesses ensued,but I did lose much of my emotional support, within three months. I am still in touch with my wife’s mother and one of her sisters.

6. I didn’t know 💕💕 and it feels very sad just to think about that… thx for sharing and reminding.

7. Thank you so much for sharing. You’re right – you never know what someone is going through privately. xx

8. LDSVenus says:

My heart and thoughts and prayers are with you today.

I never knew this about today ! My heart is with you today. May God guide you each step you take to provide love and guidance and encouragement in your day.

It’s sad, but I truly believe God has a plan for your life, Joni. So stay strong!! 🙂

11. Jeff Rab says:

Powerful post!! Thank you!!

Thanks Joni. Valuable information that is often not thought of unless you are in the situation, or close to someone who is.
    Our Care Pastor at our church has a series of Grief Classes 2-3 Times a year, open to anyone in the community, which has been a benefit to many.
    Also, the same Pastor leads a Solo Sister Ministry, for single ladies, single for any reason, over 50 or 55 years of age, I can’t recall, for support for one another, as well as fun times, which us also open to ladies in the community, and a blessing.
    This Pastor has been a widow herself for 15-18 years, so knows the difficult times.
    God Bless you Joni.

#saytheirname

JESSICA STEVENSON

Thank you for sharing this Joni. You are amazingly strong and have overcome so much! ❤️

14. Didn’t know a day like this exited, praise God that the list doesn’t apply to you! This is also the national day of prayer; the first Thursday every May.

Father, thank you that even though this a day set aside for Widows; that it’s also a day set aside to pray for the nation. So Father I pray for Joni, and all of the Widows. Strength and Hope, can forever be found; in You! In Jesus’ name, Amen!

Be blessed my sister!

15. I never knew about this … but can honestly say you can die of a broken heart … my parents past within 6months of each other … my mom did have health issues but after my dad passed she just gave up … I’m happy you are so strong . Keep smiling ! Hugs❤️

16. Thank you Joni! Astonishing and scary.

17. Nasuko says:

I read your profile and immediately pressed a follow button.☺️💕
    Your image(impression ).that you gives gentle compassion to around ppl☺️🌸🌸💕
    You are a lovely woman,I think☺️☘️

18. Amazing post ….. it touched my heart ❤.
    Thanks a lot for the information……

19. tanishq says:

I will not say, that I’m sorry for your lost, cause it’s a formality that almost never helps… But I’m really happy that inspite of your loss, you maintain a positive attitude towards life, and continue to inspire people through your posts.
    Your children are so lucky to have a mom like you!😃

20. roijoyeux says:

I’m very sorry for your loss, I’m glad you survived and beat almost every stat listed, you husband must proud of you from wherever he is !!

21. MOMENTS says:

Thank you for sharing all this, dear Joni. I have also read your About site and that about the car accident. It is very sad to have lost your partner, but I am sure you are a very strong person. You must be a great mother to your two teenage children. I am sure this helps you move on. Also, you have all the support from us in the wordpress community. A blog is therapeutic as you write down your thoughts and feelings and share them with us all. And thank you for stopping by my blog! 😊